By using and purchasing this Service, you signify your acceptance of these policies and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Services. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you take part in the Agency Partner Program, we may work closely with your employer (or the person putting you through our Services, we’ll call it “(Management”) to create and develop our Services and your User account. We, and Management, must act in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). If you have any questions about how Management shares your data with us, please discuss it with your Management directly.
If you’re using the Services for or on behalf of an organisation, you’re agreeing to this Agreement on behalf of that organisation, and you represent and warrant that you can do so. References to “you”, “your” and similar terms are construed accordingly in this Agreement. If you don’t agree to all the terms in this Agreement, you may not use or access the Services.
2. Data that we collect
Personal Data: Data collected may include your name, username, password, email address, gender, job title, job description, Service usage records, programme, and report results, and progress and other information you provide or post on our Services, or that your Management shares with us. Our goal is to build a picture of you in your career and how that can be improved so to do this we combine personal data with your agency performance data to develop your personalised Agency Partner program.
Location and Device Data: We may also collect location data and/or device data including IP Addresses to properly serve the correct content to you, and as described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist us in understanding how our Services are used.
Cookies: When you use the Services, we may use persistent and session cookies and other similar technologies to (a) store your username and password; (b) analyse the usage of our Services; (c) customise the Services to your preferences, and (d) display tailored content on the Services. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customise, or use some features of the Services.
3. When we collect data
We collect your data, some of which may be personal data protected by the GDPR, when we first create a User account for you to access the Services, and then we further collect data as you use and access the Services. Sometimes we will have already received data from your Management and we may verify this data with you. Lastly, we might collect data from you at any in-person event such as introduction or training sessions. To give you specific (but not exclusive) examples, we may collect data when you:
- complete any forms or surveys;
- create and access your user account;
- create and develop your Valuation and Diagnostic report;
- login to the Services;
- attend in-person events;
- complete training (and we record the results);
- contact our support team;
- participate in any special features of the Services;
- post user-generated content on the Services;
- purchase an assessment.
4. How your Personal Data and Business Info is used, and why
We use the information we receive from and about you for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services including any special features;
- To create and maintain your User account, and monitor your performance;
- To create, curate, and serve tailored content online or in person;
- To notify you by email and to serve training materials and reminders to your email address on a frequent basis;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- To send you information about your account;
- To contact you if you have filed a complaint or report, or if someone has made any claim or report against you;
- To notify you about new features of the Services, special events, or products, services, and special offers, or to send you questions of the day;
- To moderate content and to keep the Services safe and secure and address any security issues;
- To generate advertising and promotional materials for our own Services;
- To understand and assess the effectiveness of content delivery on the Services;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns;
- To analyse the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services;
- To improve the content and features of the Services;
- To allow us to personalise the content that you see on the Services;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
5. How your data is shared with third parties
We don’t sell your Personal Data or Business Info to anyone. We may share your Personal Data and Business Info in the following circumstances:
- To assist in providing the Site and our services, including anonymising your Business Info to produce comparator reports and to gather market and industry data for wider consumption;
- To provide you with services or products that you have requested;
- With companies that perform services on our behalf (including both third parties and our affiliates), such as content providers, providers of technical infrastructure (such as servers) or engineering or other support, technical services and features developers, research and analytical companies, and e-mail service providers and specifically Waypoint Partners Ltd, Waypoint Corporate Finance Ltd;
- In order to respond to the claims of violation of the rights of third parties and/or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our employees, or the public. This may involve the sharing of your information with law enforcement, government agencies, courts, and/or other organisations whether instigated by us or provided by us in response to their enquiries;
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, your information may be among the transferred assets;
- We may share your Personal Data and/or Business Info (i) in any other circumstances where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to share it by law and (ii) within our corporate group which may include any parent or affiliated companies.
6. Data storage and retention
Data subject to this policy is stored within Europe.
We keep your information and store it safely as long as you are using the Site or involved in any commercial relationship with us. We will delete it within a short period following the expiry of any relationship, or at any time if you request us to.
7. Protection of your data
8. Your rights to access, amend and delete your data
(a) The right to update your information: If any data is inaccurate you can contact us to correct it.
(b) The right to access your data: You can ask us, if you live in Europe, to provide a copy of the Personal Data we hold on you and we have strict time limits by law to respond to you. There is no charge for this service, please contact us to arrange.
(c) The right to be “forgotten”: This means that if you ask us to delete all your Personal Data, we need to do that. Although, we are allowed to keep some of the Personal Data for security purposes in case we ever need to help the police with any criminal investigations, for example.
9. Third party links and services
11. Contact our Data Protection Officer
We take data protection very seriously. If you have concerns or complaints please address these to our data protection officer (see above).
If you are not happy with how we handle any complaint, you are able to raise a complaint at any time to your country’s national data protection authority, for example if you live in the UK, this would be the Information Commissioner’s Office.